About the Programme
The course discusses the fundamental concepts in Internet of Things (IoT) networking, and programming of Internet of Things applications, and ways to choose and apply different networking protocols for resource-constrained IoT devices. This course uses a blend of lectures and experiential learning tools to provide expertise in ideation, design, development, and deployment of IoT applications and systems. The course will provide hands-on experiential learning using leading IoT platform Arduino. This course provide an overview on the ICT ecosystem and enabling environment to foster Internet of Things including technology, standards and regulatory frameworks and application deployments.
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROGRAMME
The course enables student to understand the basics of Internet of things and protocols. It introduces some of the application areas where Internet of Things can be applied. This course will enable the student to utilize various Embedded Technologies related to IoT and Communication Protocols. The course is also designed to learn the importance of IoT in society, the current components of typical IoT devices, IoT design considerations, constraints and interfacing between the physical world and device.
- Upon successful completion of the programme, the students will be able to
- Recognize the Components of The Internet of Things
- Analyze various views and design constraints for IoT reference architecture
- Explain the concepts of logical design of IoT System using Python.
- Getting practical Knowledge of IoT Microcontroller Platform
- Explain the Concept of Sensors and Actuators
- Demonstrate the technologies and the standards relating to the Internet of Things
- Implementation of IoT Protocols to solve real life problems