Faculty of Basic Sciences boasts of providing an interdisciplinary approach, a strong flavour of engineering, exposure to various disciplines in the humanities and social sciences to its students.
Faculty of Basic Sciences is unique from other institutions of higher learning as it is committed to imparting knowledge in pure sciences, which not only forms the foundation for further academic pursuits in science and technology but also acts as the foundation for students to pursue a career in research and higher-level teaching.
The academic programme is designed to meet the requirement of the latest technological developments and envisages to become a state-of-the-art department providing high-quality education and cutting-edge interdisciplinary research in science. Faculty of Basic Sciences has a well-equipped laboratory for optical, mechanical and electrical experiments. The school is continuously associated with academic/sponsored research and industrial consultancy work.
After completing this programme, graduates of the program are able to
- Ability to integrate factual knowledge with problem-solving skills.
- Ability to recognise a vital scientific problem and to propose experiments that would make a valuable contribution to its solution.
- Devise experimental protocols and conduct self-directed research to contribute to the solution of a significant scientific problem.
- Acquire General knowledge of scientific fields such as physics, mathematics, chemistry, and biology with detailed knowledge of his/her area of interest.
- Develop an understanding of primary scientific literature, to keep abreast of recent developments, and to incorporate and integrate the research in their chosen area of expertise.